Welcome to The Victoria Volkswagen Club!

Navigation
· Home
· About
· Our Sponsors
· Classifieds
· Contact Us
· Forums
· Photo Gallery
· Info
· Private Messages
· Your Account

Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Victoria Volkswagen Club: Forums

VVWC :: View topic - Spring Cruise
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spring Cruise
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg
Emo Mod
Emo Mod

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Spring Cruise Reply with quote

Ok, so I figared if I got this topic going we could get alot more input into what everyone thinks should happen.

So I was thinking we could do some sort of pot-luck or something like that... or... just have a bbq again.

Please don't BS in this post.

donandrobin
Postaholic
Postaholic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we want to make this event for the VW community or do we want to get more exposure and involve us in something bigger? I mean, why don't we do a Toy Run or something like that?

We should also find a way to get more VWs in the cruise. Mark mentioned he put some notices under a few wipers of VWs he saw, and that's how the cool couple in the '73 notchback found out about it.

We should all get an 8.5" x 11" poster made up (or something) and stick them inside the windows of our bugs and buses (and bajas!), etc to spread the word. You have to admit that we're really a force when there's lots of us out there. The looks we got were awesome!

How else can we obtain so good exposure?

Don & Robin
JamesT
Rusty
Rusty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure I could get a few of the guys from up island to show up, but I agree that it has to be bigger. I remember a cruise a few years back that was huge, or maybe it just seemed like it back then. If its not in May, I have a feeling I could get a zwitter or two to show up.
hi-top
Snow Monkey
Snow Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first important thing is the date. Spring is a crazy camping-travel time and it would be good to have a calender date ahead of time. When has it been in the past?
Second, promotion is large. Flyers for cars, coffee shops, bingo halls, legions, librarys, the local disco tech. ect. We ARE a force and the v.v.w.c. should be the next mayor!
Third, maybe an extended route for spring. Greg's route was perfect but maybe continue on to metchosin? sooke? Marc's house (party!).

I'm down with helping to promote and organize this thing as I see alot of potential in galvanizing the volkswagen community into a larger group of participants. There is a high rario of v.w. to people in this town of our's and I see alot of people being like, how do I get in on that!
Also, the spring cruise would be a great promotion for the volkfest '06, let's make it the biggest yet!
I used alot of exclamation marks in this post! Thats how excited I am!
Blah!!!!!!!!!!!
Brad
Postaholic
Postaholic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had lots of fun at the Fall cruise and I like everyone's suggestions. If you think about it. A spring cruise will always have a better turnout because it marks the end of VW hibernating season. By that theory... even if the spring cruise isn't advertised any more than the fall cruise, more people will still go.
Having a date planned well in advance will help as well.

(That gives some of the non-volkswagen drivers some time to smarten up and get a vw)

Thats all I have to say about that.

66beetle
Site admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'd like to see a minimum of 40 AirCooleds at this event. Let's try and make the news people! See if we can cause a major traffic disruption like that time in Vancouver.
Greg
Emo Mod
Emo Mod

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Yes, major traffic tie ups are a good thing *cough*Steve*cough*.

Through downtown would be awsome. I would like to head up to sidney or something like that.

How bout Sunday, May 28th 2006. This gives us plenty of time to plan and my friend can come with her trike. This allows alot of time for the VW drivers who are afraid of the cold, to get there cars up and running.

Brad
Postaholic
Postaholic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any more than 30 vws downtown would most likely make the news or something. Especially if we made this a "get-a-full-tank-of-gas-and-drive-around-town-for-hours-cruise"

If everyone can settle on a map, we can post it on here. All set in stone and such. That way people are able to join in later if they need to.

Whip out the CB radios fellas!! Were havin' ourselves a good 'ol fashioned CONVOY! Yeee Haaah!

Greg
Emo Mod
Emo Mod

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt know you where a hill billy brad.... congrats....

I have a CB radio in my vanagon.

Brad
Postaholic
Postaholic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to live in Errington.

'nuff said.

66beetle
Site admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a CB Radio!

Also, I plan on purchasing a Cowboy Hat for our cruise to Alberta next summer. I'll be a redneck yet!

JamesT
Rusty
Rusty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

66beetle wrote:
I have a CB Radio!

As do I. This is starting to sound like a good idea. "Shepherd to lost sheep, come in lost sheep..." May 28th works. It's late enough that most people will have dusted off their VW's for the summer and will be itching to get them out on the road. The only problem with long cruises is that a full tank on a VW will last anywhere from 2-7 hours of city driving depending on the engine, state of tune, and how it's driven. Only us VW freaks like to drive for more than an hour straight anyways, so maybe cruise for an hour or so, stop and BBQ or pot-luck or whatever, then cruise some more.

The other issue is finding a route that won't break the chain too much with traffic lights, but still be good exposure, and a nice drive. As much as I'd enjoy clogging the streets of Victoria with aircooled pride, It's still much more fun to get the old veedubs out on the open road and let them be free.

Greg
Emo Mod
Emo Mod

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a map.... I cant draw inside the lines.

dirtycruisemap.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  217.63 KB
 Viewed:  190 Time(s)

dirtycruisemap.jpg

69er
Tougher than Ducks
Tougher than Ducks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice run
66beetle
Site admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that may be a little long for some. What about doing the first half of that cruise and BBQing at Beaver Lake?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VVWC Forum Index -> Shows & Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: