Welcome to The Victoria Volkswagen Club!

Navigation
· Home
· About
· Our Sponsors
· Classifieds
· Contact Us
· Forums
· Photo Gallery
· Info
· Private Messages
· Your Account

Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Victoria Volkswagen Club: Forums

VVWC :: View topic - A good place to eat in Victoria?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A good place to eat in Victoria?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grumble
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: A good place to eat in Victoria? Reply with quote

Our trip to Canada is on most of it has been organised by my wife and her friend,my mate and I will just tag along (as you do)we will be in Victoria on the 6th & 7th June and were wondering if some of you may be able to suggest a nice place to enjoy a meal.The girls have organised a tour on the 7th and unfortunately we fly out in the morning of the 8th.
We are really looking forward to this but not sure how your spring will compare to ours in Australia.
Cheers Les
bluebus
VVWC Guru
VVWC Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This place is right by the Butchart gardens.
http://www.bluesbayoucafe.com/

brenticon
VVWC Guru
VVWC Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live up island and always go to Milestones, on the inner harbour ...Cant beat the view, jus make sure you get a window seat.

http://www.milestonesrestaurants.com/

Victoria has amazing restaraunts ...
no matter what you want, you will find.
Greg
Emo Mod
Emo Mod

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't go to milestones. It's the fast food of the resturaunt business. They do however have a amazing location.

Warfside is the same. Stay far away.

What's your taste in food? We have a ton of amazing resturaunts. Narrow it down and we should be able to point you in a direction your like.

WCP
Postaholic
Postaholic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg wrote:
Don't go to milestones. It's the fast food of the resturaunt business. They do however have a amazing location.

What's your taste in food? We have a ton of amazing resturaunts. Narrow it down and we should be able to point you in a direction your like.

yup

also - what's your budget. there are some pricy eats here and some wicked value places too.
grumble
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

westcoast-paul wrote:
Greg wrote:

yup

also - what's your budget. there are some pricy eats here and some wicked value places too.

Thanks guys that helps us a little,basically we are just like most volksie owners and enthusiasts we have worked all of our lives,raised 2 kids,saved for this trip of a lifetime and enjoy good food,steak,seafood,salads etc not too spicy. I don't enjoy an expensive plate of nothing or inedible food and have to get something to eat on the way home which seems to happen at the upper restaurants over here.My wife taught Home science so i have been spoilt a bit on the food side and I worked in the motor trade with my own little workshop for the last 20 years,we also enjoy beer(for me),wine and coffeeWe are really looking forward to this and intend to enjoy every minute.We are staying at The Laurel Point Inn.Cheers Les
OldSkoolSteve
Postaholic
Postaholic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johns Place on Pandora for a casual, good local meal.
-Pagliacis
-Vista 18 (formal, amazing views)
-Molé (amazing breakfast)
-new Garricks Head for beers.

grumble
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OldSkoolSteve wrote:
Johns Place on Pandora for a casual, good local meal.
-Pagliacis
-Vista 18 (formal, amazing views)
-Molé (amazing breakfast)
-new Garricks Head for beers.

Thank you we were a little overwhelmed by the food places when we started having a look at what you have suggested,perhaps we should have bypassed a couple of places and spent more time in Victoria as there seems to be lots to see.I still have a lot of loose ends to tie up here before we leave on our trip and it hasn't helped with our river being in flood for the last couple of weeks,but hopefully we may be able to meet and have a beer or two when we are over there.
Cheers Les
Ed
VVWC Guru
VVWC Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spinnakers Brewpub is pretty good as well, but if you're staying at the Laurel Point and want to keep it downtown I second Pagliacchi's.

I've heard good things about the Canoe Club too, but I've only been there once and it didn't really seem like my kind of joint. The staff kept goin' off on me about "the requirement to wear pants" and such.

Be sure to let us know when you're in town... it shouldn't be a problem wrangling up a few members for an impromptu get together.

grumble
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice guys only another week until we fly out of Sydney to Beijing and the Great Wall in China then Tokyo to Canada on the big Princess cruise ship.( I am not used to these big ones as I normally sail a 14 footer with a spinnaker)I am not sure what our internet will be like but if possible it would be nice to meet a few of you for a couple of beers when we are over there. Cheers Les
grumble
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a great cruise from China to Vancouver . Beautiful day with lots of snow in Whittier,Yukon Valley tour and scenic train trip at Skagway, whale watching at Juneau,crab feast at Ketchikan. Spectacular cruising through the inside passage. Looking forward to land tour, train and bus finishing in Victoria.
grumble
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrived in Vancouver yesterday and spent a most enjoyable day walking the city.Had lunch at a beautiful little restaurant near the Art Gallery- great food and beer. Met Evergreen Tours and other happy travellers at dinner at Rennaisance.Today was organised tours with breakfast at the aquarium, tour of Stanley Park and lunch at Grandville Island. We then walked the suspension Bridge.
Tomorrow on the Rocky Mountaineer Train.
74super
VVWC Guru
VVWC Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like an awesome vacation.
Bow-Wow
Postaholic
Postaholic

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This place is paradise, no?
grumble
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bow-Wow wrote:
This place is paradise, no?
What an awesome day on the Rocky Mountaineer. Tomorrow we head for day 2 and Banff. The food is non stop, scenery and commentary terriffic. We can't get over the length of goods trains, some up to 3 miles- 114 carriages long. In Kamloops and had great beer and food at the Noble Pig Brewery. Saw a couple of Kombis and a beetle in the paddocks on the way over. Unfortunately they didn't look real good. Early start again tomorrow need sleep
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VVWC Forum Index -> The Pub All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: