Welcome to The Victoria Volkswagen Club!

Navigation
· Home
· About
· Our Sponsors
· Classifieds
· Contact Us
· Forums
· Photo Gallery
· Info
· Private Messages
· Your Account

Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Victoria Volkswagen Club: Forums

VVWC :: View topic - Has anyone seen a buggy like this ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has anyone seen a buggy like this ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
taekrondo
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Has anyone seen a buggy like this ? Reply with quote

Looking to pick up a buggy but would like to know what kind it is. Also how hard is it to insure it ? There are no papers with it..where would the vin numbers be?
73hightop
Hardcore VW Geek
Hardcore VW Geek

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that front bumper is priceless! all it needs is some teeth or a toungue sticking out Razz VIN number is stamped on the pan under the back seat.
taekrondo
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes a tongue would be pricless!! Soo with a little more digging i found out that its a Bow Wow Boomer Buggy. Made in Surrey bc in the 60's and 70's.

Last edited by taekrondo on Sun May 29, 2011 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Johno
Hardcore VW Geek
Hardcore VW Geek

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Has anyone seen a buggy like this ? Reply with quote

taekrondo wrote:
Looking to pick up a buggy but would like to know what kind it is

Looks like mine. A Boomer Buggy. Check out the build forum under Johno's build. Sorry I don't have a pic of the hood but its the same.
taekrondo
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks johno..your build looks like its going good! How are you going to insure it later?
Johno
Hardcore VW Geek
Hardcore VW Geek

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

taekrondo wrote:
thanks johno..your build looks like its going good! How are you going to insure it later?

Lucked out, got my unit pre insured so i just transfered it into my name, and put a day permit on it just to be sure. Now I just have to get it to the point that I can drive it Razz
CrashedAgain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: registration

You may be better off if you don't find a vin.

I bought my bug as a pile of towable parts in Vancouver, I wanted insurance to tow it home so I went to ICBC with the vin. I was told I could not register it because "I was not the owner". Apparently ICBC still had an owner on record from way back when who we could not trace...and of course ICBC would not give tell us who it was. I had a receipt of purchase but the guy I bought it from also bought it as parts.

....so we went to the next ICBC office down the street with "I've got this home made trailer....."

I had no problems with registration here in Sask. It is registered as an antique vehicle but I also have "stated value" insurance on it. You may qualify for collector plates...ask other BC buggy owners what they do.

See this for vehicles with no vin:http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bclaws_new/document/LOC/freeside/--%20M%20--/Motor%20Vehicle%20Act%20RSBC%201996%20c.%20318/00_Act/96318_01.xml#section16

Also, plow your way through this bit of legaleze for what you must have for equipment on the bug:http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bclaws_new/document/ID/freeside/26_58_00
taekrondo
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks crashedagain...I think i'm gunna insure it as a kit car and get a new vin and have it inspected..but collector plates sound good too...
thanks again
Ron
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VVWC Forum Index -> Buggies 'n Kits All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: