Welcome to The Victoria Volkswagen Club!

Navigation
· Home
· About
· Classifieds
· Contact Us
· Forums
· Private Messages
· Your Account

Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Victoria Volkswagen Club: Forums

VVWC :: View topic - Full rebuild
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Full rebuild

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiftie
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Full rebuild Reply with quote

I started a rebuild on a manx copy about ten years ago. I've been working on it from time to time, depending on money, space and time.

Unfourtunately I started the rebuild when I was 19 and foolish. I threw away all the rusted, worn out bolts, assuming it would be easy to find new ones.

So now, older, a little wiser, and with a garage in my new house I've started to work on it again.

I have no bolts to attach the spring plate to the axle tubes, or the snubbers to the spring plate. size and length is what I'm hoping to find out... Help please!!!!
panel
Turbo
Turbo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shiftie.......Just put the biggest metric hi-grade bolts you can get for that size hole. Measure the hole diameter and go shopping at Canadian Tire or Fastener Force.
Shiftie
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I got the info off of a different website. In reality you're right, thats obviously what I should do

thanks for the info, I'm doing this without very much experience, so I'm going to be posting lots of questions.
panel
Turbo
Turbo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shiftie wrote:

thanks for the info, I'm doing this without very much experience, so I'm going to be posting lots of questions.

Hopefully we can all help ya out.
Shiftie
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 12:30 am    Post subject: Back at it Reply with quote

Well it's been a lot of years, and lots of things getting in the way, but I'm back at it. Upon deciding I was gonna start again I waited until the kids were asleep, poured myself a scotch and went to the garage to have a drink in it.

3 minutes later I realized I'm much too old for fiberglass seats.

Now I've got new wheels and tires, some seats out of a Miata and big box of parts from CIP1.

Last week I modified the Miata seat rails to fit my buggy, after power washing them clean (Consequently found out my auto wrecker seats were dark blue not dark grey). Ripped out the old seats and rails.

Today I mounted the seats, which was harder than planned. And cut off the old ugly bumper.

Tomorrow I remove the sway bar and mount the new bumper

Hopefully making the call about the new roll cafe next week.
VWeee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got any new updates on your build?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VVWC Forum Index -> Buggies 'n Kits All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: