Welcome to The Victoria Volkswagen Club!

Navigation
· Home
· About
· Our Sponsors
· Classifieds
· Contact Us
· Forums
· Photo Gallery
· Info
· Private Messages
· Your Account

Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Victoria Volkswagen Club: Forums

VVWC :: View topic - Patina expert(s)?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Patina expert(s)?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MickSz
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Patina expert(s)? Reply with quote

Hey Vic VeeDubbers!

I've managed to get out to a few VVWC events over the past few years since getting my '72 Super but not nearly as much as I'd like. Life is just busy..I hope to get out to more in the near future and offer my help in volunteering for events etc.

So since getting the car a little less than two years ago I've pretty much spent all my "bug-time" getting the mechanicals in order and I'm pretty happy with the ways he's running and handling. I've recently installed a custom interior courtesy of TMI and I'm loving not having springs stabbing me in the ass lol.

I've splattered the exterior with stickers as my business is design, print, wrap etc. as originally I wanted this little car to be a rolling billboard, and it's done an amazing job of that already!

So now it's time to take it to a new level of cool and since I've had a few car painting friends tell me the paint is beyond repair (I believe it's only been painted once in 45 years, and it was poorly done then) I'm leaning toward the patina look for now...

I've heard from several sources now that there are a few of you in the club that have some expertise in the creation of these patina art pieces and I was wondering if any of you would be willing to share your knowledge with someone who is capable of learning but doesn't wanna watch a few youtube vids and just go at it with sandpaper and hope for the best.

I'm happy to pay cash, or beer, or stickers or what-have you for your time.

Many thanks for reading!

Mick

beetlejuice.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  308.5 KB
 Viewed:  2 Time(s)

beetlejuice.jpg

Wongai
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God did the patina effect on my bug. It took him 56 years. Smile Just kidding. I'm not really a jerk, i promise.

I did a lot of rust repair on my 61. After all the repairs i had to match the multiple layers of paint and primers to make the repairs age like the rest of the car. I guess that gave me some experience, but I kinda just went at it and hoped for the best. Got lucky in my opinion. Feel free to PM me you number if you want to discuss. I'm interested in hearing what other have to say about the subject.

The patina look is kinda like Trump...Bound to bring up strong feelings on both sides. Smile
B
MickSz
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey B,

All good man, I did it myself, it's just the way I wanted it now Smile

Many thanks for your comment.

Mick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VVWC Forum Index -> Type 1 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: