Welcome to The Victoria Volkswagen Club!

Navigation
· Home
· About
· Our Sponsors
· Classifieds
· Contact Us
· Forums
· Photo Gallery
· Info
· Private Messages
· Your Account

Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Victoria Volkswagen Club: Forums

VVWC :: View topic - BUG JAM!!!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BUG JAM!!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mitchy965
Hardcore VW Geek
Hardcore VW Geek

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: BUG JAM!!!!! Reply with quote

BUG JAM LATEST NEWS!!!! Our fun starts at noon on Saturday 26 at Comox Valley Volkswagen (401 Ryan rd). A meet and greet and Bbq with hot dogs and burgers provided by Comox Valley VW. The cruise starts at 2:00,lasts roughly an hour and loops us back to the dealership. please respect our neighbors, so no burn outs,speeding or stunt driving please. Registration begins at 10:00 Sunday morning at the rotary bowl on the comox valley exhibition grounds(4639 headquarters road). your $20 registration fee gives you a $5 food voucher valid at any of the food vendors on site,the coveted dash plaque and a voting slip.For our 1st year we have 3 categories that are participant judged and 1 category that a special independent judge will choose. best bug,best bus and coolest ride and the wild card "Kims pick",trophy's for all 4 classes. all day long the raffle machine will be grinding out winners for cool VW swag supplied again by our awesome local dealer!! right next door the comox valley exhibition will be taking place with a variety of events and attractions including a kid zone,military musical ride (yep horses),logger sports,world of dogs(yep flying and swimming dogs),antique machinery display,home and garden,4-H and more. something for everybody. BUG JAM wraps up at 3:00. PLEASE JOIN US!!!

BUG JAM ROUT.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  BUG JAM ROUT.pdf
 Filesize:  92.55 KB
 Downloaded:  17 Time(s)

mitchy965
Hardcore VW Geek
Hardcore VW Geek

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUG JAM!!! LATEST NEWS!!! the first 100 vws to enter the show will receive a commemorative t shirt !!! a huge thank you to COMOX VALLEY VOLKSWAGEN for their support of bug jam! see you there!!

IMG_20170821_162829_resized.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  482.75 KB
 Viewed:  9 Time(s)

IMG_20170821_162829_resized.jpg

silas
VVWC Guru
VVWC Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm planning on coming to bug jam!! just trying to finalize last minute logistics! Cool

is there anyone else from the island that is planning on going to the valley for this show? it should be a great weekend and it's always fun to support a new vw event! Cool

mitchy965 wrote:
BUG JAM!!! LATEST NEWS!!!

hey mitchy965 and/or bug jam organizers...i've got a few questions...

any recommendations for accommodations...camping or hotels? a couple options for each would be great! also...is there anything going on saturday after the cruise? Smile

mitchy965
Hardcore VW Geek
Hardcore VW Geek

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did previously post camping registration info here and on the MIAC site. hard for me to recommend any hotels here (never stayed at any!) but there is plenty to choose from. as far as after cruise stuff, scooby may host a gtg with minor prodding. if Josh hauls his oval up i will make sure he has a rockin hangover for sunday.
silas
VVWC Guru
VVWC Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mitchy965 wrote:
i did previously post camping registration info here and on the MIAC site. hard for me to recommend any hotels here (never stayed at any!) but there is plenty to choose from. as far as after cruise stuff, scooby may host a gtg with minor prodding. if Josh hauls his oval up i will make sure he has a rockin hangover for sunday.

i cant see the camping regi info here (i only see a cruise route pdf) and the miac site doesn't let me view pdf's there...can you repost the camping info here please!

i'll work on prodding scooby (sounds dirty) Laughing

not sure if josh's oval is ready for the road, but maybe he could round up another ride Wink Cool

mitchy965
Hardcore VW Geek
Hardcore VW Geek

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

see the BUG JAM cat is out of the bag post thread in this section.
mitchy965
Hardcore VW Geek
Hardcore VW Geek

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUG JAM BEGINS TOMORROW!!! and on sunday a special gift for the first 20 long haulers!!!
silas
VVWC Guru
VVWC Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so...if all goes well i should be on a ferry bright & early tomorrow morning and cruising up the old island highway for the bug jam weekend!! Cool

mitchy965 wrote:
see the BUG JAM cat is out of the bag post thread in this section.

gotcha! thanks for that, i totally forgot to look in that thread. i'm going to check out the camping at cvex but may resort to plan b! Very Happy

silas
VVWC Guru
VVWC Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 1st annual island bug jam was awesome!!

as soon as this show was announced it was on my radar. the comox valley is my old stomping grounds and a great place to hang, but as the date grew closer i didnt think i'd be able to work out the logistics of attending...but i tossed up a last minute hail mary and got everything in order and busted out a solo mission over to the island for bug jam!!

as first time events go there are always some nervous moments...but the enthusiasm, positive attitudes and hard work of all the show organizers paid off bigtime and all the events ran smoothly and a great weekend was had by all!! big thanks to rhuari, mitch, ken, sean, graham, their families and all the other organizers/volunteers/sponsors!!

great people, cool vws, hanging out, camping, and enjoying all that the valley has to offer makes this an outstanding weekend! and to add to that, the bug jam show on sunday is held on the same grounds as the comox valley exhibition...which is a 3 day long agriculture & farming exhibition with hay rides, face painting, a small petting zoo, livestock, a lumberjack competition, a vintage tractor show, a horse riding competition, food trucks, live music, and lots more...it truly makes it a great experience the whole family can enjoy!!

http://cvex.ca

on to the pics...

saturday afternoon bbq/gathering at the comox valley vw dealership, before the cruise...

then it was time to cruise...a very scenic drive around the harbour, through comox, past point holmes & cfb comox and back into courtenay to the dealership (no pics, too busy driving & enjoying the view)!

after a quick info session regarding the show the next day, it was every dub for themselves. there are lots of options for accommodations & camping in the valley, but i decided to follow a lead a buddy gave me...it was a decent spot right alongside the puntledge river by the condensory bridge swimming hole, a 3 minute drive from downtown and a 10 minute drive from the show location on sunday...lots of room to chill before and after a swim!!

sunday...showtime!! what great turnout and an awesome location!!!

vintage tractors roll through on their way to the exhibition...

this car totally reminded me of a car that was on a vw poster i had as a kid...

nice 57 canadian standard (my fave from the show)...

AL.'s baja (from pr)...

71 beetle originally from volkswagen pacific in vancouver...

seans ride with a nice original paint anthracite grey dash...

mitchy965's ride...

and his old race car currently under new ownership...

buses...

the cool dormy with heilite trailer...

and an interesting acvw powered bike with sidecar...

there was also lots of water-cooled vws, and a huge pile of raffle prizes that were given away throughout the day, plus lots of other non-vw stuff to see & do!

i was having so much fun in the valley that i decided to stay an extra day, on monday i did some more sightseeing, swimming, had lunch on the harbour with the comox glacier in the distance...

...and then hit the road for home, and had an impromptu vintage car show on the ferry...yes, that is a sweet local '61 15 window deluxe...

Cool

all in all, it was a great weekend and a spectacular 1st event!! kudos to all involved!! hopefully the organizers can build on this momentum and keep this event going strong as it is!! lori & i will be attending the island bug jam 2018 weekend, and everyone here should pencil it in and think about checking it out because it's a great weekend with great people in a great place!! see you all next year!!

Cool Smile Cool

mitchy965
Hardcore VW Geek
Hardcore VW Geek

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Silas for the photos and for coming up to the valley(a truly beautiful place). we have secured the adjacent field for next years event so please bring your buddies!! ps I still own the race car. Cool
stef

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good pics! Looks like a fun time and a great place to camp out for the meetup. I should be camping up island in my van about that time next year and will watch for advance info when the dates are set.

We had a show n' shine and cruise at the local VW dealership here in the East Kootenay in 2014...the first one...but unfortunately it was a one-off event. This sort of thing does require commitment from the dealership and a lot of organizational work by a dedicated group of people - hope you can keep it going!

1994 diesel Eurovan Westfalia 'Abby'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VVWC Forum Index -> Shows & Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: